Since joining Slimming World a few weeks ago, I have been trying out a number of new recipes, and if they're nice they'll end up on here! The biggest thing for me is that I take great pleasure in eating good food - a lot of which isn't necessarily good for me!lol! This recipe is a Slimming World recipe that I made myself but doesn't taste like a slimming recipe at all - if you're not on Slimming World just ignore all the SW blurb!
Homemade Pork & Apple Burgers
Makes 8 Burgers & Serves 4 Adults
Slimming World Extra Easy Plan - 2.5 Syns for the whole recipe (0.6 syns per 2 burgers without bread!)
Slimming World Serving Suggestion: If serving with Bread Rolls, use 1 x 60g Wholemeal Roll as a HEb and another as 6 syns. Serve with Salad and Syn Free Chips. I rounded the syn value up, so if served with 2 x wholemeal rolls as above, this would be 7 syns if using 1 x roll as a HEb, or 13 syns if counting all as syn values.
1kg Extra Lean Pork Mince
2 Dessert Apples (approx 170g each - cored and grated)
4 Tsp Dried Sage
Low Calorie Spray to fry (Slimming World)
Salad, Bread Rolls and Chips
- Put the mince, grated apple, sage and pepper into a bowl.
- Mix it with your hands until all the herbs and apple are evening mixed.
- Divide into 8 portions and shape in your hand into burgers.
- Put in the fridge on some baking paper in a dish and allow to firm up for ideally an hour or more.
- Fry the burgers on a medium heat in fry light or oil until cooked. Alternatively you could grill them.
- Check they are cooked all the way through, serve and enjoy!
Tip: These can be made the night before if you are short on time on the day, and they can also be frozen. When I made this we ate 4 and put 4 in the freezer, covered in baking paper and in an airtight container. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer, and should be defrosted thoroughly before cooking. I did make ours quite chunky, and so they do take a while to cook. You could also combine an egg or two with the mixture if you find yours are falling apart and you want to make them thinner.